Friday 17 October 2014

Plans for next years school fair


Around GeckoBlock








Next year i want to contribute towards the school fair and the best way I can see to do that is hit the tip shop up for jars and tins, and then grab some of the extra plants form my yard.

I've left a strawberry in the patch with the rhubarb hoping it'll propagate itself for that very reason.  I have a succulent that i think already has a few babies and hopefully there will be more next year.  And i'm hoping to learn to propagate rosemary and lavender as well.  I also have these hothouses for growing herbs in, i might put them together and use them to sprout herbs for the stall too.  I'm also wanting to establish an aloe patch in the yard somewhere too which of course will provide babies.

It's a lot to learn in 12 months, because I've always found propagating kind of intimidating and if it's going to be a cost effective I need to be careful.  It's exciting though, the idea of being useful and contributing towards something that really was an extraordinary experience.  Their school fair is quite spectacular.




Wish me luck!









No comments:

Post a Comment