Friday 17 October 2014

My top favourite flowers

AroundGeckoBlock


Just for fun
my top 5
favourite flowers and ARE THEY USEFUL?

Rose
 classic, divine aroma, beautiful, a range of colours, although i love my hybrid tea rose.
Are they useful?  They sure are, mine give some great rose hips, I've yet to sue them but i'm planning on doing exactly that soon.
some of the uses.


Passion Flower
This is a hard one.  there are some amazingly beautiful passion flowers out there but not all the vines produce useful fruit.  The most boring flower is the one that produces our fruit, but wow they can be pretty.  To be fair though, even this boring old version of it is really quite a fascinating flower to look at.

















blossoms crab apple/cherry. 
I have a crab apple to get my blossom fix, but cherry blossoms are dear to my heart.  So why don't i have a cherry blossom?  Because a cherry tree is HUGE!  I don't have the room for it.  So i went for a smaller option and i can use the crab apples in crab apple jam/jelly.



Carnations 
 I've always loved the aroma, and I've recently found that they are edible which kind of sky rocketed it them this list.



Australian Bottle Brush
I don't like many of our natives but this is one I've always liked.  as for uses, to my limited knowledge they are perfect for attracting bees...that would be the sun of it, but I've not done research into it either.  Still bees are pretty important.



No comments:

Post a Comment